Instructors’ ability to recognize ChatGPT may vary and depends on their experience with AI and their understanding of the specific characteristics of AI-generated texts. Further training and experience in this area can improve their ability to recognize and differentiate AI-generated text. But there is software:
- Tone Detection:Grammarly uses a combination of hard-coded rules and machine learning to detect signals in text that influence the tone of the text, such as word choice, phrasing, punctuation, and capitalization2.
- Generative AI: Grammarly has introduced a generative AI feature called GrammarlyGO that uses the user’s own text to improve writing3.
- Copyleaks offers sophisticated AI content detection that can inform the user whether a text was written by an AI or a human. It can recognize AI-generated text across different models such as ChatGPT and GPT-4, with an accuracy of 99.1% and a false positive rate of 0.2%456.
- A study has identified Copyleaks’ AI Content Detector as the most accurate solution for recognizing text generated by large language models7
- Originality.ai offers multilanguage AI detection that works in 15 languages to verify the authenticity of content8.
- Their advanced AI detection technology provides 99% accuracy in recognizing GPT-4 generated text and 83% accuracy in detecting ChatGPT generated text9.
- The platform also offers linguistic analysis to detect patterns that indicate whether a text was written by an AI or a person10.
Can you track texts from ChatGPT?
Tracking text generated by ChatGPT can be challenging, especially when no specific metadata or labels are present. However, special software or forensic techniques can help determine the origins of a text. It is also helpful if platforms and applications that use ChatGPT implement appropriate labels to facilitate tracking and identification.
Can AI recognize text?
Yes, texts generated by artificial intelligence (AI) can be recognized by specialized detection algorithms. These detectors examine certain features in the text that may indicate machine creation, such as repeating patterns, unusual word choices, or unnatural transitions between topics.
Various software solutions have been developed to identify and verify AI-generated texts. Here are some of the software solutions that can be used to recognize AI generated text:
- Scribbr AI Detector: Scribbr offers an AI detector that is capable of recognizing AI-generated texts in a few seconds. This tool can be particularly useful for students and supervisors to check whether a paper accidentally contains AI sections or whether the sources used were created by an AI1. Scribbr can also identify texts generated by GPT-2, GPT-3 and GPT-3.5, and has the ability to recognize GPT-4 texts, although with lower reliability2.
- ZeroGPT: ZeroGPT is another tool specifically designed to detect ChatGPT content. It provides a simple and free method to recognize AI-generated text with high accuracy. This tool can be particularly useful for teachers to detect plagiarism generated by AI3.
- GPTRadar is a software solution that aims to identify AI-generated texts and distinguish whether a text was written by a person or an AI. Here are some aspects and features of GPTRadar based on various sources:
- Funktionsweise:How it works: GPTRadar uses OpenAI GPT-3 to analyze a text and perform some complicated calculations to find out whether a piece of content was written by a computer or a person12.
- Results display: GPTRadar offers a perplexity score and a confidence score for its results. It also highlights specific problem areas in the text and displays visual results for a token probability distribution3.
- Compliance and brand reputation: The software helps ensure policy compliance, especially when there are concerns that Google may penalize AI-generated content. It also helps writers and brands protect their reputations by highlighting when text generated by a Large Language Model is used without proper disclosure, as this can be viewed as misleading or unreliable2.
- Ease of use: GPTRadar allows users to recognize AI-generated texts with one click. To achieve reliable results, at least 400 words are required. Users can insert their content into the field provided and start the analysis2.
- Pricing: GPTRadar offers a pay-as-you-go model, charging $0.02 per credit. One credit is equal to 100 tokens or approximately 125 words42.
- Accessibility: Originally, GPTRadar can be used up to five times for free to check a text. After this phase, the mentioned cost structure is applied4.
and if you have any questions: fragRoger (askRoger)